Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sept. 18

Slow, quiet day. Not much to really update. Avery is still stable with plans to get a new picc line in IR sometime tomorrow and hopfully have the sedation meds turned off on Tuesday. I decorated her room a little more for her birthday and added an "All About Me" poster complete with pictures. I guess you can take the girl away from teaching but you can't take the teacher out of the girl. Trying to decide what to have for dinner. The selection in the cafeteria is horrendous on the weekends so I am debating between McDonalds (ew) or Subway (ew). I am missing southern food terribly.
Kevin and Aiden should be coming for a visit on Friday. I am super excited. Already got tickets to the Childrens Museum for Aiden, I think he is really going to like it. Though he will probably still like the plane ride, the elevator, and the big metal ball machine in the lobby the most.
Tonight is my last night at the Yawkey and I will start staying back at the hospital again. Can't afford to stay there all the time but it sure is a nice break from time to time and the free meals they provide from time to time is always a plus.
I may take the dreaded bus to Target tomorrow.
Thank you to Becky for the package that arrived yesterday, can't wait to see what is inside. And we recieved cards from Aunt Carol, Meagan, and Kevin's grandparents (the Farnsworths) too. Thank you! I will open everything on Avery's birthday or when Kevin and Aiden get here. Our sweet nurse has vowed to get Avery a balloon for her birthday despite the helium shortage, we will see if she pulls through ;)

Sept. 17

My toes are cold. Another fall like day here in Boston. Avery had another stable day. They did decide that her picc line (longer lasting IV) was too big and needed to be moved because it was minimizing blood flow and is potential for a clot. They could not do it bedside so Monday she will go back to IR and have one put in her other arm or potentially somewhere else. Other than that, no changes were made.
I decided to go to the real people mall to try to find Avery a birthday present. Yes I call it the real people mall. It has decent (no so expensive stores). The mall near the hospital (The Prudential) has more high end shops and I just can not bring myself to buy Avery (or myself for that matter) a $30-40 dress. I did not know that the green line was shut down for the last couple of stops so I had to get off and take the shuttle. Man, that took FOREVER!! On the way back (on the shuttle) a truck cut off the shuttle and our driver was hanging out the window yelling at this guy. Then that guy got out of his truck and starting yelling back at our shuttle driver. It was crazy. People that drive in Boston are just crazy. Luckily, the light turned green shortly after and everyone got back to driving instead of yelling crazy things at each other. This reminds me that yeserday when I was walking to the party store, a car was backing out of the driveway and this woman saw him, but she did not want to wait so she kept going. He almost hit her and she started banging away on his car with her newspaper. It was hilarious.
After all the delays of waiting for the T and having to take the shuttle I should have just taken the bus to Target. I might go tomorrow, I still have not decided yet.

No comments: