Friday, September 16, 2011

Avery had a decent night. So did I. It was nice to be able to watch TV and drift off to sleep without constant interruptions or machines beeping. It was dark and quiet (other than when the train came rushing by). I was able to take a shower, dry my hair, and put on my face like a normal person. People may have been shocked when I walked in today, I probably looked very different! Thanks to Kara's wonderful gift, it was fruit for breakfast this morning. Fall has certainly arrived here in Boston. When I stepped outside this morning there was a cool, crisp breeze. Made me want a hoodie, boots, and hot apple cider.
All things considered, Avery looks good. They are a little concerned about her arm because it is a little cold and her pulse is a little weak. As with everything, they will keep an eye on it. I know more about the body, how it works, problems that can arise from surgery, vent settings.......uggghh. I really believe a Harvard Medical Degree should be presented to be at the time of discharge. Todays big plans involve sitting with Avery, going to pick up some pictures at Walgreens, and maybe decorating her room a bit (after we change rooms). There is another Knight right beside us now...we do NOT need to have anything get mixed up with that patient, because that WOULD happen to US.

Here is the picture of the edible arrangement I recieved from Kara, isn't it GREAT??!! I would have included a picture from my own camera but I dug into it as soon as it arrived!! 

No comments: