Thursday, September 15, 2011

Avery is out of surgery and settled into her new room in the PICU. Surgery did not take as long as I was anticipating. I was a little worried at first (LIE, very worried) because at every update they kept saying "still looking for the leak"). They finally found it and were able to stitch it up. Lets hope it stays that way. Dr. J said the "hole" really looked like a puncture. I don't know what to think about that. As with everything, I don't know if that makes me feel better or worse. If that is the case, it makes me feel better knowing that there is a real known reason this happened but then it makes me wonder WHO did it. Either way it lessens my faith in PCMH. There is no way to say 100% if that IS what happened so it still leaves me wondering if this will happen agagin. We have someone that we know up on this floor, Rebekah, I can't tell you how nice it is to have someone to chat with (who also knows what you are going through). Makes me feel a little bit "normal". I also got a FANTASTIC edible arrangement from Kara. THANK YOU KARA!! I am eating fruit for dinner and I could not be more excited about that! I still have my room at the Yawkey because I was not sure what the plan was going to be with Kevin and Aiden. Looks like this weekend might not be such a great time for them to come after all. I am going (to try) to enjoy at least one night there, in a real bed, with a TV.
They may lift the paralytic on Tuesday, Avery's birthday. She would still be super super grogggy but it would be nice to see her "awake" on her actual birthday. Then they will do a swallow study 10 days after that (lots of prayers for no leak) and we start the long process of getting her off some meds before we can bring her home.

No comments: