Thursday, October 6, 2011

I will try to explain this as best as I can (but I am sure it can be hard to follow if you have not lived it)
Avery is still not herself. She has been sleeping ALL day and still retching. They took her down for a swallow study and it showed no leaks and no stricture (PRAISE GOD). They also did a g-tube study where they put contrast in her stomach and took an x-ray and then took another x-ray later to see how much of the contrast had moved out of her stomach. In an hours time, not much of the contrast moved out of her stomach. Opposite of her study last week that came back "normal". No one from the EA team has come by to talk to me yet (very frustrating). The only thing that I can think of is that her study last week came back great because it was right after they took out her g-j tube (and sometimes that tube can keep the pyloric muscle open, from what I understand). It could be possible that the tube held that muscle open long enough to make for a great study and for her to tolerate her feeds for awhile. Now it is closed again. I am not sure what they will say about this whenever they get around to coming up here to talk with me. It is very likely that she will need the pyloroplasty (stomach surgery). Please pray with us that the team will put their heads together and come up with a plan that will work for Avery.
She woke up for about 30 minutes earlier this evening, smiled, laughed, we went for a stroll. It was nice to see a little part of my sweet girl back.

No comments: