Friday, October 7, 2011

I swear I should become a doctor. I had to ask and ask and complain and complain for the NP to order labs for Avery. She gave me such a hard time about it and she almost refused to send a sample to see if it came back positive for c diff. All she kept telling me was how much grief they were going to give her (for some reason the hospital is telling everyone to stop sending so many samples to be tested for c diff). Results came back today. What does Avery have? C diff. Again. I knew it.
She has been about the same today. Asleep most of the day, just looking sad and out of it. Poor thing is never going to make it to the playroom. (Can't go to the playroom when you are on precautions, ie when you have a contagious illness).  This could explain a lot about her stomach issues or it could just be one more thing we have to deal with BEFORE dealing with her stomach issues.
This morning Dr. J had come in said he was so sure it was the balloon from the g-tube that was obstructing her pylorus and that if we changed it to some other type of feeding tube that it would solve her problems. I am still going to go on record and say that he is wrong.........
Then the GI doc, Dr. Manfredi came in saying he thought that was only a small piece of the puzzle and that he wanted to try some different meds as well and basically he wants us to live in Boston until this is figured out even thought that could take months and months and months (and no I am not exaggerating). Praying they start the antibiotics soon so Avery can start feeling better and so I have something to do. I feel like I have not moved off this chair/bed all week.

No comments: