Sunday, October 23, 2011

I am back in Boston. Kevin is back home. We both had nice visits. Avery was doing really well when I arrived yesterday. Of course I had a bone to pick with everyone because they were not following the plan that we had all agreed upon before I left. Her GI doctor did not want people going up on the calories of her formula very fast, and what do I come back to? Her calories up from 20 to 28 (and they WOULD have done 30 today) in less than a week. Of course her GI doctor is on vacation and there are no notes about this in the computer so I am left fighting them on this with no back up. We had a great morning until she started recthing again. This is exactly why we had agreed not to go up so fast on the calories. I am really starting to question the quality of care she is getting with all these doctors not communicating properly. Not much can be done now since it is Sunday. Beyond frustrating.
From last weeks MRI, they were able to determine that there is a gallstone blocking Averys bile duct. This will have to be removed. Dr. Jennings is supposed to be consulting with some other doctors on Monday to make a plan.

No comments: