Thursday, May 12, 2011

They were able to put Avery on the OR schedule today. She has been down there since about 12. Still waiting on an update. Dr. J was not quite sure what he was going to have to do, he needed to open her up and get a better look first.
The Chaplin came by and said another special prayer for Avery and the cleaning lady in the NIC, one of Avery's favorite people, came by and then went and said a prayer for her in the prayer room. Thank you to everyone that has left us a message on this carepage and facebook. It means a lot to have so many people thinking and praying for us during this extremely long journey. I am not as lonely today in the waiting room. My BIG box of chocolate covered strawberries and apples from edible arrangements is keeping me occupied!!





Thank you AMANDA for being so thoughtful. Leave it to another EA mom to know how to get a smile on surgery day. That is one of the positive experiences I will take from this whole ordeal, the kindness of other moms I have met. The EA moms have been nothing but amazing and I am thankful everyday to have been connected with them. Amanda, is one of those fantastic mom's that has been through more than even I can imagine. Her little princess just had surgery yesterday and here she is thinking of me and Avery.
I will post more when I know more. I think they are just now starting on the thoractomy part which means its going to be a looooooong night.

No comments: