Sunday, May 8, 2011

May 8, 2011 Mother's Day


My dream of sleeping in on Mothers Day was squashed by a early morning phone call that Avery had a fever and her heart rate was pretty elevated. Another EA mom and I had gotten a room at the Yawkey (where families can stay..kind of like a dorm room) for a quiet comfortable nights sleep. I got back to the hospital, Avery took a nap and woke up with no fever and lots of smiles. I gave her a bath and spent twnety minutes trying to get the tangles out of her hair....I didn't think I would be battling tangles and knots until she was a little bit older. Sheesh. Then her g-tube starting leaking really bad. It was just changed the other day so we do not know what the deal is with that. Just another thing they are "going to keep an eye on". I keep waiting for my edible arrangement to show up but I think the order got lost (for the fourth year in a row).....No grand plans for the day. I really need to try to get the laundry done, which if you have ever "lived" in this hospital you would know that it is an enormous task.
Happy Mother's Day everyone,
stacy & avery

No comments: