Monday, August 29, 2011

Aug. 29

We made it through hurricane Irene with no damage and never losing power. Thank God! It was a long storm and the winds were pretty strong. Many of our friends lost power, some are still without power. Our neighborhood was lucky. Most of the damage was confined to shutter, shingles, trampolines, fences, and those pretty white vinyl fences did not stand a chance. Around Greenville, there was a lot of flooding and downed trees.
Avery seems to be fine right now. I am waiting for the surgeon in Boston to call me back and tell us when to come and what the plan is going to be. I talked to his nurse and they got the cd with all the video and pictures from her swallow study. I don't know if they will admit her right away or if they plan on waiting some, maybe we could stay down the street in family housing. This is going to be so hard. Avery has been getting stronger everyday and steadily gaining weight. Aiden woke up twice last night crying about missing his mommy. And I am not even gone yet. I wish there was some way I could take him with me. I have added a couple of new pictures (for those of you who do not have a facebook account).
Please continue to pray for Avery and our family. Thank you.
Stacy, Kevin, Aiden, and Avery

Our short but sweet summer.




No comments: